Season 9 updates
- You are now allowed to go into debt only up to the amount allowed by your Board (from 1 to 10M).
You can buy players, extend contracts, or increase stadium as long as in the end you end up above your allowed debt.
I.e. if you are allowed to go into debt up to -6M you can buy a player for 5M even if you are at -1M at the moment.
- Interest rate stays the same until I manage to make bots handle their money responsibly.
There are no additional penalties for those that are already below their maximum allowed debt.
The Board will announce allowed debt on weekly report, you can check the report from 1.9. for your currently alowed debt.
- Players now have cca. 2 weeks after signing a contract while they won't complain about salary or role under no circumstances
(this was previously the case but not hard coded, the only exception was when an update screwed things up a bit).
You won't be able to sell a player in that period.
- Adjusted slightly the number of cards and injuries, let's see how it goes.
- Increased training speeds.
- Mental skills won't drop anymore.
- Players should stay in their places during the match (no shots on goal by GKs anymore).
- Corrected money for that income bug that happened in the first 2 games this season.
- Form shouldn't jump around as much anymore. It will now follow trends. Resting a player increases the chance form will get an upward trend.
Playing games has a small chance form will get a downward trend. Rapport with the squad affects those chances slightly.
- Bonus from great form is bigger than the penalty from bad one.
Playing a player in bad form is not tragic, playing a player in great form might make all the difference.
- Slightly reduced the impact that the difference in players' skills has on match engine.
This was too high and probably to blame for some odd (more than usual) results lately.
- Stadium maintenance has been doubled in response to revenues also been doubled.
- Facilities cost more since match bonuses have been increased some time ago and this didn't follow.
- Fixed a bug where free kick and corner takers wouldn't take free kicks or corners as planned.
- You can now freely move players between backup and youth squad statuses (assuming player is willing and able to play for youth).
The bonus for being in youth is free training without playing games (as it always was). The penalty is losing match sharpness much faster.
- There is a button to show youth players on your tactics screen and you are able to pick them for matches.
Youth players are also visible on players screen of other clubs.
- The limit where the Board blocks your outgoing transfers will be increased to 22 players, doesn't matter youth or main squad.
This will be implemented in one of the next updates on so people have time to buy players if they need.
- The whole logic behind bot transfers has been rewritten and will surely need some time to adjust.
Bots will now put fewer players for sale. This will make it so that there is much more competition on the market.
They will also try to keep their clubs in positive finances, meaning they will only buy when necessary.
Due to recently imposed restrictions on debt expensive players might need longer to sell.
- I slowed down transfers a bit to give bots enough time to react. The sale will now go through within 72 hours from first offer.
In reality this is closer to 48 hours (72 is maximum).
- Skills will degrade slower for younger and faster for older players, but will (in theory) start degrading already at 25 years old.
- Clubs get injury reduction for every injured player they have.
- Youth players aren't visible on tactic screen at the moment due to bugs.
You can freely promote your youths and send them back to school after they play the game.
- Slightly adjusted salary caps to make them a bit tighter for higher-popularity clubs and a bit more flexible for lower-popularity clubs.
- Missed penalties should now be visible on end match report (only future games). Also, there is a little (c) next to captains in a match and
mistakes are visible in players' stats (abbr. to ERR so it wouldn't be confused with misses).
- You can see average mistakes on tactics screen, but old mistakes unfortunateyl weren't recorded properly so they won't be visible.
- Friendlies (that happen only between seasons) now recover injuries but injuries are not cleared at season start so save your key players.
- Player's salary demands will now take into account his power and popularity (some players might ask for higher salaries right away).
- Older players are more likely to get injured, younger players less likely.
- Bigger clubs will now get a slightly bigger share of TV revenues.
- Interest rate on debt is back to 0.5% since bots shouldn't go into huge debts anymore.
- Increased salary caps just slightly.
- I manually moved money from (too) rich small bot clubs to big bot clubs.
With previous economic model money went to smaller clubs and I moved it back up so we wouldn't have to wait for months to get there naturally.
- Counter attacking tactical options previously created fixed number of counter attempts and the question was whether those attempts were successful or not.
Now those tactical options generate a number of chances depending on your and your opponent's attacking powers -
how good your Fs and AMs are at quickly opening to receive a pass and opponent's Fs and AMs at closing down defenders after they've lost a ball to prevent a counter.
Both use work rate and reaction skills. If counter attacking chance is attempted your defense power (Ds and DMs ball control and vision)
is compared to previously mentioned opponent's attacking power (Ams and Fs) to determine the chance of success.
If counter attacking buildup is successful the ratio used in this step affects the next step as well (key pass will be better or worse than normally depending on the first step).