Season 7 updates
- Form should now change more often.
- Reduced managers' experience boost to in-match performance.
- You can now filter only scouted players on transfer market. Remember that old scout reports get removed after a month.
- Stars for player's ability have slightly different formula. This is only for display purposes, players' actual power hasn't been changed or anything like that.
- Cup games are played on home team's stadium. There is no home advantage in the game and attendance revenue is split evenly so there is no need to play on neutral grounds.
- Created a new formula for calculating player's abiliy that is more colsely connected to how the match engine works.
It is not perfect but it should be more precise than the currently used one.
- Since player's ability is the main variable to calculate prices I re-did the price calculation formula (while trying to keep it as closely connected to existing prices).
As a result your players' prices will be somewhat different but overall your first team probably gained a few pounds and youth team lost a few.
- Potential now increases player's popularity more than before (which determines which clubs will he want to join), and player's price less than before.
- Form is now represented with stars instead of words, doesn't affect player's price anymore, and will shift rapidly on a daily basis.
It is still closely tethered to the base form (depends on club rapport and peak age) and it will still be higher if you rest your player.
- A new stat is added - match sharpness. It grows with each match the player plays and drops slowly every day.
It takes about 1.5 seasons to get it to 100%, and 3 seasons for it to drop back to 0% if not playing at all.
It grows faster in the beginning and after cca. 10 matches in a row it will already be at 50%.
- Match sharpness affects price a lot. All your first team players start with 100% match sharpness (you won't be able to keep it that high), youth players have their sharpness around 50%
(depends on the number of youth players in your squad, I normalised it so that the price changes are more or less the same for everyone.
- Match sharpness affects player performance up to 25% and is denoted with 5 levels previously used for form - awful, poor etc...
When a player changes clubs his sharpness will be reduced a bit (until he gets familiarised with the squad).
- Notice that the players that aren't at their maximum sharpness will have their ability-stars adjusted accordingly.
- Experience isn't directly visible anymore. You can see it in mental skills - just take the average. Instead, you can see match sharpness.
- You can now select players that are allowed to take free kicks and corners. If you pick more than one the engine will randomly assign among them.
If you don't select anyone, one of the 5 best players will be picked randomly.
- Changed some of the tactical options a bit, still testing this and will update wiki when finished...
- There are new stats on the world screen, check them out ;)
- Weekly board update will happen on 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd of each month from now on. Board update on 28th doesn't take into account promotions and relegations.
- Clubs that won promotion or got releageted will get a small boost/penalty to popularity to push them closer to the league they're now in.
- Both first and youth training now has an efficiency level. Having more or less than 10/20 players will reduce training efficiency.
- Players will train to cca 3 star rating in youth squad and 4.5 star rating in main squad with no penalty.
After that the player gets an increasing penalty to training (training gets slower as he gets closer to 3.5 / 5 stars).
- Coaches improve training speed (shown with training efficiency included) and upper limit when the penalty starts to affect training.
- First team training doesn't have a skill limit anymore. Youth has but a more generous one.
- Players that are at their peak age will train faster in the main squad for a couple of seasons.
- Youth players have a chance to get a small training boost every day. The chance depends on how well they fit with the club (which is something that home grown players get a boost to).
- I'm still working on this whole training part so there will be tweaks throughout the next couple of weeks.