Season 5 updates
- On 14th and 28th of each month your Board will set the facilities level and salary budget for your team.
- Facilities determine the base level of training you get (maximum skill, 8 + 0.6 per level for youth and 12 + 0.6 per level for main squad training),
the speed of youth intake (better facilities will acquire better talent but at a slower rate) and the number of staff points for you to spend.
- You can hire staff with total ability levels equal to what your facilities support. Promoting your own players to staff gives a bonus that is outside of that limitation.
There are 8 staff positions you can hire (you won't have enough points for all of them, you'll need to focus on some of them).
Having more people with the same role yields diminishing returns. You can read about roles on club page
- Facilities and staff members cost money. But there are two new sources of income to compensate. Merchandise earns you more if your team plays well and is better suited for clubs with higher number of supporters.
TV revenues are calculated on the level of the whole game and distributed equally among clubs.
- The formula for players' and clubs' popularity has changed. All bot players (and only bot ones) have been updated to the appropriate roles and salaries.
Your players will probably ask for better roles sooner than before (it was almost never before so...), but you don't need to offer them contracts instantly, as your club's popularity grows they could stop asking.
The roles have been updated for players that have signed new contracts within the last two weeks.
- Player's price now correlates more closely to his power on the field. To put it simply, when comparing two clubs in a match - the difference in price between their players now means more than before.
- In addition to the above I also fixed few bugs in the match engine, such as "through balls approach" not focusing on through balls enough.
You can see the distributions in the wiki on the .
- Club's popularity will shift at a slower rate than before. Good results won't boost it in just a few games, you'll need at least one whole good season now...
- Interest rate on having negative balance is now only 0.1% only. Enjoy :)
- Players can now become unhappy and "want to move to a bigger club". This means their popularity is way abouve your club's popularity,
which can happen if you don't perform well, the player grows in skill faster than your club grows in popularity or if you fire your brand manager
(he artificially increases club's popularity, so don't use him just to buy the best players and then fire him as they could become unhappy).
- Increasing the player's role when offering a contract is now worth 500k instead of 1M.
- Tactical options have been tweaked a litle and the wiki tactic page
has been updated to reflect it.
You can now see the numbers behind each option in the wiki, which might be helpful if you want to analyse a match.
- You can now hire staff as long as you are not already above what your facilities allow (red stars mean you are over your maximum).
This gives you a bit of freedom when hiring staff (you don't need to fire staff if your facilities get downgraded or you want to promote a player to staff...),
but it will make all of your staff perform proportionally worse (i.e. if you can hire a total of 4 stars worth of staff but you have 8 stars in total, each star will be worth only 50%).
- Fixed positions for players and they should now correctly show where the player is best utilised. But keep in mind that this follows some kind of generic fomula
and it doesn't take into account your formation or style of play. Don't be afraid to push players to play in supported roles (empty circles),
it is often more useful to force a tactic than to avoid a penalty for secondary position...
- Fixed bugs that were reported. Please let me know if I missed any.
- Reduced the impact a player has on a position. The difference between 5M and 10M players should now be less noticable.
- Corrected the issue that made bots play with the same tactic no matter their mentality (playing attacking with 5-4-1 tactic.
- Reduced the speed at which the supporters become (un)happy and corrected satisfaction for all teams.
- Changed slightly how teamwork works. Not getting enough matches reduces it by 1%, role by 2%, salary by 3% and wanting to move by 4%.
Youth efficiency is removed from calculation and assistant is included. It also affects the match much more than before (and assistant now affects teamwork).
- Reduced the difference between players depending on their quality even more. I think the balance right now was pretty good but because
of the issues with popularity it complicated things far too much and the change happened too fast for everyone and everything to adapt.
I will probably return it to the level it was this last week in season 6 if everything else works as expected.
- Popularity now depends a lot more on the competition you are in. It will be tethered to competition's popularity
and it shouldn't rise too far above or below it.
- Ability stars have smaller range now and you should see a bit more difference between your players.
- All cup competitions give half of the match bonus to the losing team as well.
- Board update will now happen on 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th of each month and will adjust your facilities, salary budget and everything else.
- Contract extension requested signing fee is now halved.
- Youth players will now be born with less experience, but xp from playing games will grow faster.
- The chance of injury has been decreased slightly.
- Manager's popularity shouldn't drop below his club's popularity anymore.
- There is no capacity limitation when playing cup games in neutral stadium anymore.
- The Board will now be less enthusiastic about your results (it will be harder to get 100% satisfaction from match, especially if you lose). :)
- Increased ticket prices by cca. 30%.
Changes to staff (some roles have been removed, please check your staff and hire new if necessary):
- Business manager depends on your facilities rating now and gives 6000 money per facility level for each of his stars.
- Merged sales officer into brand specialist which now gives 5% bonus to merchandise and up to 2000 more attendance per star.
Keep in mind that ticket price increases in higher competitions.
- Merged scout with youth coach, so now having a youth coach gives a boost to youth recruitment as well.
- Coach gives slightly bigger bonus than youth coach (since youth coach also improves youth generation speed now).
- Merged physio with assistant so that he now reduces the chance of injury. Teamwork bonus is increased to 2% and can go above 100%.
- Salaries for all staff roles follow the same formula now and depend only on ability.
- Base attendance is reduced slightly but ticket prices have been increased.
- Youth generation is now a bit slower overall and depends more on youth coach.
- Small adjustments toward match engine being more consistent/fair/better...
- Fan satisfaction now also affects (slightly) who wants to join your club and what role a player wants when signing a contract.
Satisfaction will also change more with each win/loss.
- Added match stats for counter attacks and set pieces, but removed circles on the match screen that showed which team dominated in which area
(possession, key passes, shots) as they mostly just showed what was already visible from stats (and if they didn't it was just confusing)...
- The key passes won't always follow with the same type of shot anymore. They have 70% chance to follow through with the expected shot
and 30% chance to follow with other type of shot. I.e. through ball has 70% chance to end up as one on one chance and 30% as long shot or header.
- Made slight corrections to the match engine and added manager's experience as a slight bonus to your overall performance.
- Tired status is renamed to "not match fit" and such players have a penalty to their performance of 10%, higher chance of
getting injured, and can lose skills as if they were injured.