Season 2 updates
4 new skills have been introduced:
: ability to make precise crosses, through passes, and long shots.
- Decision making
: avoid making mistakes, fouls, corners and offsides.
: avoid crumbling under pressure when taking penalties and other set pieces.
: determination to succeed, gives a bonus when playing against teams that are better than yours.
Due to these new skills some changes had to be made that will:
- Affect player prices a bit (mental skills have little to no effect, but accuracy made some changes to skill distributions).
- Player's training progress will be reset so it could include the new skills.
- Starting with next season
the match engine will take the new skills into account so there might be slightly different performance.
There are few negative (for you as a manager) effects related to high 3 mental skills:
- High composure will make player demand to play more matches than he normally would with his role.
- High decision making will reduce player's loyalty to the club and he will ask for better salary sooner.
- High ambition will make player complacent when playing against much weaker teams.
Even though high mental skills have slight negative consequences the benefits far outweight the penalties...
This is to avoid high changes in price by increaseing the number of skills that affect it by 25% at once.
Also, to make players a bit more different from one another.
- Mental skills aren't trainable, they will be increased with experience without your control.
- In the future (season 3) composure will also affect player's performance when losing a game.
- Added a new logo to the home page, courtesy of SaltyLemon :)
- Plenty of other small changes (i.e. wiki can now be accessed from outside of the game).
- Changed the formula for selecting players to perform an event, it shouldn't have such plays emphasys on best players anymore.
- Changed the formula for calculating the chance to start a counter attack to depend more on skills of both team players.
- Much bigger impact of player's squad status: key player expects to play 3 out of 4 games to remain satisfied, rotation 2 out of 4 and backup 1 out of 4.
Injured and red card players don't lose satisfaciton anymore.
- You can now set your timezone in manager profile view
- Further increased the chance for scoring a goal.
- You should be able to promote your players to staff (only 30+ years old).
You are still limited by your facility points but you get a bonus that is outisde of that limitation like so:
bonus +1 to their skill if they were in the club for less than 1 full month (season), +2 for less than 2 months, +3 for less than 5 months,
+4 for less than 10 months and +5 for more than 10 months. Each year their bonus drops by 1.
- Players now lose skills daily if they're over 25, injured, missed training etc... At 25 years of age or less the skill loss is diminutive and training will more than cover for it.
You probably won't notice it at all. As they approach 35 the speed of skill loss increases and training decreases.
At one point (that is different for each player) the skill loss will overcome training increase.
When exactly will this net-negative skill loss happen depends on club's training, player's peak and the amount of games he gets...
- Finished all the basic help screens, this should cover all the general concepts in the game.
If you find this useful I would add more details (i.e. exact formulas how certain things work etc).
- Adjusted UI for mobile views. Didn't check everything thoroughly though, so please report if you find things that don't work.
- Added 100 more staff with mid-tier ability.
- Bots should now renew/adjust contracts of players that don't play enough and have become unhappy.
- Results in fixtures now always show your goals on the left and opponent's on the right.
- Further reduced the chance of getting a second yellow in a match.
- Slightly increased the chance of scoring a goal.
- Added some basic help under the manager menu - info that can be found on different help screens throughout the game.
It isn't finished, but it would be useful to know if it's helpful and if you have any suggestions.
- Added high scores screen in the manager menu.
- Experience is now visible, use it wisely.
- Form goes from 1 to 20 and is color coded to skills for your pleasure.
- Reduced the chance of getting a direct red card, especially at the beginning of the match.
- Increased the chance of getting first yellow card but reduced to get the second (average stayed the same).
- Reduced the chance to make a foul due to playing the pressing game.
- Added available money and salary budget on the overview (news) screen.
- Aded a number of managers in each country on the world screen.
- Corrected bugs that were reported on Discord.
- Added a link to our Discord
(manager dropdown menu), please join and share your feedback. ;)
- Added link to latest updates in manager dropdown as well.
- Link to this page will be shown in news whenever there is a new update.
- Showing news for last 7 days only from now on.
- Increased fonts and some design elements on mobile phones. Still more work ahead.
- Player screen now shows training progress and you can change training from there.
- You should now be able to change tactics on (most) mobile phones. UI still needs some mobile adjustment though...
- Added manager icons next to clubs on the league table, club fixtures and end match screens.
- Changed fixtures to make it more obvious that cup games are played on neutral grounds (and not to repeat the club's name for every match).
- Managers can now see which clubs would give them jobs (apply for job link is visible) and can resign and change clubs after only 2 weeks (was previously 1 month).