Season 1 updates
- Changed chart library and added spider chart for players.
- Seasons should now be automatically created (next season created now, in the future it will be during night update on 1st of each month).
- Matches for national teams should work now but there might be some errors on (regular and national) match screens - let me know if you notice anything.
- Players earn double experience if they play for national team. They can also get injured. Cards for national team are separate from club games so no worries about them.
- National teams are selected on nights from Saturday to Sunday.
- If there aren't 11 players available for the match (due to red cards and injuries) you won't be able to see players on tactic screen.
- Bots will now promote youngsters into first team if they can't come up with 11 players for the match.
- If the team can't field 11 players it will lose a match with 3:0 (0:0 if both teams can't).
- Bots will now buy more youngsters and will possibly buy more players altogether if they're low on players.
- You can see role contribution while hovering over player's positions competence field.
- Set piece actions will convert to set piece shots in match pie-charts.
- Morale will now change much, much faster (you should feel it when you get few wins in a row).
- Teamwork is now easier to increase than decrease (meaning if you manage to get all players in good form and one player with high xp in the same match, the effect should last for next couple of matches).
- Best positions are now hidden behind a scout report.
- Players of 33+ age won't sign new contracts anymore, they will retire when their current one expires.
- Players of age 30+ will retire if they are left without a contract.
- Clubs will sell fewer players and should maybe buy more youth players.
- Managers can't resign for 1 month after taking a job (you can get fired though).
- Match presentation - there are now charts showing 3 key areas of the game, where you build your actions, what type of actions they were, and which ones resulted in shots on goal. That's literally what the ME is about.
- The match possession should be more connected to real advantage you get from possession during the match.
- UI should show missed penalties for future matches.
- The tackles should be distributed towards defenders a bit more in the future.
- Market now shows skills, not groups.
- Recalculated experience for all players. It was wild before (30yo with no xp and 15yo with lots of it)... It now follows more tight formula during player generation (for future leagues and youth player generation)...
- Slightly increased xp youngsters get from matches (older guys still earn xp more quickly but the speed difference is smaller now).
- The warning for low experience now clearly states it is related to making mistakes. That's because player only needs a little bit of xp to halve his mistake making chance (it's not linear) so the lack of warning just tells you that he is above that minimum...
- Added skill groups. Third time is the charm :smiley: This is the best I could do to make it have at least some sense in game and still distinguish between different types of players. No hexagon yet as the library to draw those graphs doesn't support it. I'll have to find another solution sometime later...
- There are now only 2 colors for field roles (white and empty white) making it easier to understand where can this player play.
- Went through most of the help screens and added some basic info. It would be nice if you'd do the same and tell me where things aren't clear or if I missed something...
- Age sets a minimum experience for a player (so no more 30yo that lack experience).
- Added login and signup screens.
- It shows now on player's screen if he is inexperienced and prone to making errors in matches.
- Youth players will accumulate xp at almost the same rate as first team players (incentive to use youth squads).
- Added league (position) for fixtures so you know who you play against.
- You can now offer contract even if you don't have the money (you only need salary budget).
- Match happiness should have bigger range now (not only between 60 and 35 as it is at the moment).
- Separated youth and main squads under stats on staff screen (and made some other smaller UI changes).
- Morale (winning games) affects chance of making a mistake in a game, teamwork (rotating players) affects match performance. It's harder to pump up (or down) your teamwork with rotation so it should affect more important part of the game. This also avoids rewarding good teams just for being good and pushing bad teams into a downward spiral.
- Slowed down youngsters generation.
- Staff reputation now grows while the player is in club and drops while unemployed. It also affects person's performance (slight bonus to skill).
- Teamwork now depends on the player with lowest form (pulls teamwork down) and player with highest experience (pulls teamwork up - this is your captain, so to speak). Hopefully, it will shift more now.
- Added overall training efficiency for youth school (there is no explanation yet but basically the further away you are from having 10 players in youth school - less efficient you are in increasing players' power overall).
- Changed formula for salaries so that lower league clubs spend more on salaries than what they used to (highest league clubs remained approximately the same). Recalculated squad status for all players to fix contracts that were already signed by previous formula and had higher status than what was needed.
- I also increased the stadium expenses slightly and reduced income from attendance.
- Made a higher threshold before player asks for key role. And reduced stars slightly - there is no change in player's power, it's just made so that average player for your club has 3 stars instead of 2.5...
- Changed formulas for popularity and price so that older players are not always the most popular and most expensive players. They also should have lower potential compared to ability at older age...
- Older players get a bonus to experience growth (30yo gains xp cca twice as fast as 20yo). This serves as an incentive to build up future staff members and not to punish players that missed games while they were young.
- Young (15-17yo) players will avoid going into bad clubs as key players.
- Market screen now shows how much money you have left (it takes into account your active bids).
- You can also filter players by side which, for some reason, wasn't possible before.
- Players will now tell you whether they want better salary or better role (both is solved with new contract but previously they only told you they wanted better contract, not why)
- They also have a buffer before they start asking for a better role.